Member for Pittwater Rob Stokes has welcomed further funding in the State Budget to continue the NSW Government’s essential investment in local infrastructure.
The NSW Budget is the envy of the nation with a surplus of $802 million projected for 2018-19, and surpluses averaging $1.7 billion projected over the next four years.
A record $93 billion will be invested in building infrastructure, supporting drought-affected farming communities and cutting taxes across NSW in 2019-20.
Key local allocations for 2019/20 include:
- $40 million for the upgrade of Mona Vale Road East (total funds allocated to date $67.6 million) and an additional $4.9 million for Mona Vale Road West (total funds allocated to date $21.4 million). Work on this generational upgrade commenced in February and will deliver essential safety and traffic flow improvements once completed.
- $18.4 million for northern beaches health service improvements – including ongoing infrastructure upgrades at Mona Vale Hospital. Projects recently completed or underway at Mona Vale Hospital include the construction of a new Support Services Building, a new 20-bed inpatient building, renovations to the Urgent Care Centre building, a new helipad and a new 10-bed inpatient drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility.
- Funds for the construction of the first ever permanent ambulance station at Mona Vale Hospital.
- An additional $10 million to enhance the palliative care inpatient facility currently under construction at Mona Vale Hospital.
- $339,000 to introduce improved walking and cycling paths in Newport.
- $1.6 million to support Northern Beaches Council with the introduction of new and improved boating infrastructure.
- $51 million to complete road and traffic flow enhancements along the B-Line corridor between Mona Vale and the CBD – including a new pedestrian bridge across Pittwater Road at Brookvale’s B-Line stop.
“This budget continues to build on the work that has commenced in recent years to deliver essential infrastructure improvements for our community,” Rob Stokes said today.
“There’s currently a flurry of infrastructure projects under construction at Mona Vale Hospital and this further investment ensures this will continue.
“Upgrading and widening Mona Vale Road has been on our community’s to-do-list for decades - so it’s great to see work underway and additional funds provided for upcoming stages.
“This is another strong budget and I’m delighted to see the benefits continuing to flow to our community,” Rob Stokes said.