Member for Pittwater Rob Stokes today announced improvements to bus services north of Mona Vale.
The additional services, commencing 2 December, follow Transport for NSW’s decision not to pursue the extension of B-Line services to Newport, in response to community feedback and construction complexities.
- An additional 15 weekday E88 express services will operate across the week between North Avalon and Wynyard.
- Weekday morning E88 services departing North Avalon will be extended beyond 7:56am, with additional services at 8:16am and 8:36am.
- In the evening, weekday E88 services from Wynyard to North Avalon will be extended beyond 7:37pm, with an additional service at 8:07pm.
- 31 additional L90 services will operate across the week between Palm Beach and Wynyard.
- Weekday L90 services from Wynyard to Palm Beach will restart again after the evening peak, with new services at 9:15pm, 10:15pm, 11:15pm and 12:15am.
- Weekday L90 services from Palm Beach to Wynyard will be extended beyond 3:10pm, with additional services at 4:10pm and 5:10pm.
- On Saturday evenings, L90 services departing Wynyard will be extended from 11:33pm to 12:33am.
- Late night 188 services will continue to operate after midnight from the city to Avalon Beach until the early hours of the morning.
“These improvements will address identified gaps and extend the operating hours of services north of Mona Vale,” Rob Stokes said today.
“Evening L90 services are being reinstated to assist late evening passengers, such as workers and uni students, to catch a direct bus home from the city to Palm Beach.
“These improvements will be a welcome addition to the range of transport options available for Pittwater residents north of Mona Vale,” Rob Stokes said.
When travelling to the city, commuters have the choice of catching the high frequency 199 service to connect with rapid turn-up-and-go B-Line services at Mona Vale, or using the timetable to catch direct E88, E89 and L90 services from North Avalon, Avalon Beach, Newport and Palm Beach. These options can also be complemented by the highly popular Keoride on-demand transport service.
Customers can plan their trips at www.transportnsw.info