Member for Pittwater Rob Stokes today announced more than $3 million for school infrastructure projects throughout Pittwater.
Funding totalling $3.025 million has been allocated towards infrastructure projects at eight local schools, as part of the latest round of the NSW Government’s Metro Renewal Program.
The program is co-funding more than 200 projects at schools across Metropolitan NSW – including new toilet blocks, classrooms, playgrounds, staff rooms and outdoor learning spaces.
Projects being funded in Pittwater include:
• Avalon Public School – New Covered Outdoor Learning Area
• Barrenjoey High School – New Covered Outdoor Learning Area
• Bilgola Plateau Public School – Upgrade of cricket nets
• Elanora Heights Public School – Canteen upgrade
• Mona Vale Public School – Toilet upgrade
• Newport Public School – Toilet upgrade
• Pittwater High School – Upgrade of lab rooms
• Terrey Hills Public School – New Covered Outdoor Learning Area
“This latest funding is a great investment in our local schools,” Rob Stokes said today.
“These new learning spaces and facilities will help ensure our schools provide a fantastic and well-rounded learning environment for local students.
“I look forward to seeing these projects come to fruition – along with other major school upgrades in our community,” Rob Stokes said.
Elanora Heights Public School has also been successful in securing a NSW Sustainable Schools Grant for their ‘bush tracks’ project – aimed at rehabilitating native bushland along the school’s pathways.
Early works are commencing for the major upgrade of Mona Vale Public School. Planning work is also being finalised for the Narrabeen Education Precinct, which includes major upgrades at Narrabeen North Public School and Narrabeen Sports High School.